Aims of the Basel Signaling Alliance
The Basel Signaling Alliance (BSA) will
• coordinate and promote scientific collaboration among researchers in the field of
signal transduction. The Basel Signaling Alliance will support the development of such activities and offer researchers in academia and industry a platform for the exchange of knowledge and joint projects.
• coordinate and expand existing teaching activities within the field of signal transduction. Its aim in this area is to create excellent, high-profile teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level.
• support the promotion and integration of a new generation of scientists.
• offer help and support in the organisation and publicizing of topically relevant international, national and regional conferences and workshops.
• seek to cultivate contacts and the exchange of knowledge with similar organisations, universities, companies and public bodies at home and abroad.
• coordinate and support training and development events relating among other areas to national legislation (animal experiments, biosafety, radioactivity etc.).
• boost the visibility of existing research activities through publications and events with popular appeal.
• seek to obtain the support of third-party (public and private) foundations in order to expand its activities.